Just. Most. Popular. Archiver. In the world. Everyone knows it, everyone used it. There are often reviews on the net, they say, who needs paid WinRAR when there is free 7-zip? Convenience guys. 7-zip is certainly good, but WinRAR is a classic. He was and, I am sure, will be the #1 archivist for a long time to come. This is a prime example of what good software should be. Naturally, WinRAR supports unpacking of all modern archive formats, but it can only pack to zip and its own rar format. It has a simple and intuitive interface that can be changed with hundreds of different themes. I will not go into technical details - they can be found in the official help.
- Creates smaller archives, saves disk space, transmission cost and valuable working time.
- Complete support for RAR (WinRAR native conversion format) and ZIP archives, and unpacking of ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, EXE, 7z, Z, and xz archives.
- Ideal for sending data through web.
- Ideal for multimedia files, it automatically recognizes and selects best compression method.
- Allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily making it possible to save them into different disks.
- Multi threaded compression.
- Support for advanced NTFS file system options and Unicode in file names.
- Data redundancy is provided via recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing reconstruction of damaged archives.